Tuesday, 15 April 2014

Orang Hodoh Cantik

Assalamualaikum and a very good day people! 
So I purchased a book entitled "Orang Hodoh Cantik" together with other two books which I will talk about later, In Shaa Allah. 
For those who are having a hard time understanding the title, if translated to English, it carries the meaning of "Beautiful Ugly People". (I guess)

I am not going to say "THIS IS A MUST READ BOOK" or anything like that because what I usually like does not fit the taste of the others. BUT, HOWEVER, (look at the redundancy, LOL)... This book has clear messages despite having hidden ones and the writer's style of writing is very simple yet the sentences, phrases are deep. The frequent interchangeable use of Malay and English words makes it interesting, at least for me. The story is about the long "silent-tolerance" in marriage as depicted by the author.  

I'll quote one of my favorite lines:
"Tiang lampu dan telefon silih berganti. Sinar mentari menyilaukan mata. Bumper to bumper. Merah kuning merah kuning dan merah lagi, hijau jarang sekali. Suara-suara jelek berbau kopi. Manusia-manusia angkuh bertali leher yang setiap kali dalam bayangan, mahu dipatahkan saja lehernya dan mencerut tali kebanggaan itu lebih ketat lagi. 
Tapi, Kekasih,
Di sinilah tempatnya hari-hari aku melarikan diri"

You can see the clear repetition, sarcasm and a monologue of despair. Nonetheless, life goes on. You always have a brighter day in your mind. A hope. 

No matter how hard or unbearable the problem is, 
you can still do it. 

Because on top of all, 

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a lovely plot... you know,
    When she passes it, he'd make everything suddenly turn then around and wrap it's arms around her. Remove all the feelings she's ever had and make her marriage the most beautiful it could've ever been. Believe me I've seen it myself in some family's and also, all relationships have this, it's just a test that's all.
    "Do people think that they will be left alone because they say: "We believe," and will not be tested?"
    [EMQ - Al-Ankabut - 29:2]
    When the test is lifted, he'll make the love between them sparkle more than it ever has and in sha allah last till jannah and theyd be hapy forever ! in sha Allah
    Ofocorse not to forget, jannah is obviously waiting for a patient women like her..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! So you have actually read the book? The plot is simple, quite cliche, music video type, and just beautiful in my opinion. It tells how your life can be different and how you can turn into different person. Oh, here's another part that I like,

    " Bila terjaga dari mimpi, apabila terpaksa bermalam di atas sofa di ruang tamu. Hanya ada tiga perkara:
    Pertama, sudah ada selimut yang meliputi diri dari hujung kaki hingga ke dada. Kedua, sudah tersedia sandwic kegemaran di atas meja dan yang ketiga, atau yang paling ditakuti sekali, hanya sekeping sampul berisi surat di atas meja dan sebentuk cincin di atasnya.
    Perkara yang membezakan antara kelembutan hati, perasaan simpati ataupun tiada peluang lagi, peluang yang tak akan kembali"

    The funniest part was her breakdown at the mall, she lost to her own ego.

    "Do people think that they will be left alone because they say: "We believe," and will not be tested?"
    [EMQ - Al-Ankabut - 29:2]

    This should be our daily dose of reminder. EVERYONE WILL BE TESTED. Not a single person will not be tested. Talking about tests, the worst test is "kesenangan". You forget Him just that soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope I havnt read it.. But I can say it's a real nice book.. That part you like uh yeah it's nice, but honestly i really don't understand why anyone would break away... Maybe there's really upset but in my openion id stay. Allah might make him/her the best for you sooner or later or maybe not that, he'd grant you the understanding of that person which will one way or another instantly make you love the perosn even more.. Both a great gift.. , that person is a gift from Allah to you.. And yeah id find all the excuses to love even if there arnt any cause you know whatever it is in the end they're not perfect in any way there may be misunderstanding and Love is an imperfect union. Also check this out...
      "And We will remove whatever of ill-feeling is in their chest; the rivers shall flow beneath them...."(surah Al-Araf verse 43)

      Upon entering Jannah, the hearts will be cleaned and the perosn you're with wife/husband will be the every way best person they can ever be to you... If the marriage wasn't that beautiful here it will be perfect there.. This is life is just a short test. For me, the person I am with is a gift to me hand picked by Allah as long as he/she is a nice person inside and is true to me..no matter how hard it may get along in This world, in jannah, it would be perfect.. That's what I believe. I mean c'mon there was a reason I fell in love, there's a reason why Allah chose that person and if he/she stays through bad times.. Even it is never a green light in the marriage only once or twice, in jannah, it's forever green. In sha Allah...

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, you never failed to surprise me. Hahaha. In Shaa Allah I hope for the best of you.

    ReplyDelete